System Engineer – Fort Belvoir, VA
Oakwood Controls has an immediate opening for a System Engineer to join a small but growing highly-skilled team. The chosen applicant will be working at Oakwood’s Northern Virginia offices as well as on-site customer location on Fort Belvoir, VA
CANDIDATES MUST BE AMERICAN CITIZENS.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN INTERIM SECURITY CLEARANCE, OR THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE.
CANDIDATES WITH A SECRET OR HIGHER SECURITY CLEARANCE IS A PLUS
Please include your level of clearance and the investigation dates on your resume or in your cover letter.
Tasks will include supporting the following activities:
- Decomposing customer requirements into detailed system and software level requirements to specify software functionality.
- Developing test plans and procedures intended to verify the implementation of customer and detailed system requirements in both customer-supplied and Oakwood developed systems.
- Documenting two-way traceability between requirements and test procedures, both to ensure test coverage of all requirements and to correlate issues discovered during testing to requirements that are not satisfied within the system under test.
- Supporting program office objectives, including systems development, sensor evaluation, architectural and component adaptation and reuse and program of record technical and programmatic review efforts
- Providing understanding and subject matter expertise in force protection systems, cross-component and cross-vendor evaluation and open systems architecture specification and development.
- MS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field and eight or more years of professional experience, or BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field and ten or more years of professional experience
- Experience working within Windows and Linux/Unix computer environment with Office or Open Office
- Experience specifying requirements and/or developing and executing testing of computer-based
Additional, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with, or exposure to, network protocols and equipment, including TCP/IP, UDP, and RTP communications and router and switch hardware configurations
- Experience with, or exposure to, requirements management processes and practical application of those processes to real development projects
- Experience with first level computer system administration techniques in Windows or Linux
- Experience with, or exposure to, software engineering processes and practical application of those processes to real development projects
Some travel may be required.
Applicants must be able to work in a dynamic and continually changing group setting.