System Integrator (Engineer) – Fort Belvoir, VA
Oakwood Controls has an immediate opening for a System Integrator to join a small but growing highly-skilled team working at Oakwood’s Northern Virginia offices as well as at an on-site customer location on Fort Belvoir, VA.
CANDIDATES MUST BE AMERICAN CITIZENS.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN INTERIM OR ACTIVE GOVERNMENT SECRET CLEARANCE WITH THE ABILITY TO BE UPGRADED TO TOP SECRET. Please include your clearance level with investigation dates on your resume or cover letter.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE WASHINGTON, DC AREA AND/OR ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE AREA.
Tasks will include supporting the following activities:
- Decomposing customer requirements into detailed system and software level requirements to specify software functionality.
- Developing test plans and procedures intended to verify the implementation of customer and detailed system requirements in both customer-supplied and Oakwood developed systems, and documenting two-way traceability between requirements and test procedures, both to ensure test coverage of all requirements and to correlate issues discovered during testing to requirements that are not satisfied within the system under test.
- Leading integration and test of hardware and software components comprising the system, including the resolution of complexities induced by agile software development within a waterfall program of record.
- Supporting program office objectives, including systems development, sensor evaluation, architectural and component adaptation and reuse and program of record technical and programmatic review efforts
- Providing understanding and subject matter expertise in force protection systems, cross-component and cross-vendor evaluation and open systems architecture specification and development.
- MS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field and eight or more years of professional experience, or BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field and ten or more years of professional experience
- Experience specifying requirements and/or developing and executing testing of computer-based software systems
Additional, Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with force protection systems and/or sensors and/or maneuver mission command systems
- Experience with, or exposure to, requirements management processes and practical application of those processes to real development projects
- Experience with, or exposure to, software engineering processes and practical application of those processes to real development projects
- Experience with first level computer system administration techniques in Windows or Linux
- Experience with, or exposure to, network protocols and equipment, including TCP/IP, UDP, and RTP communications and router and switch hardware configurations
Applicants must be able to work in a very rewarding, dynamic, and continually changing group setting.